Job Summary And Mission
Now Brewing – Senior Data Scientist, People Analytics #tobeapartnerFrom the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company.
One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a Senior data scientist, you will support our people analytics efforts at Starbucks, focused on strengthening the Starbucks partner experience. As a member of our team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, data scientists, business experts, and external vendors to help Starbucks make better decisions by using data and analytics skills. In this role, you will lead strategic initiatives aimed at optimizing Starbucks retail store operations using data science and simulation, and building Starbucks' next generation labor model system to forecast the number of store partners required to meet customer demands. In this position, you will investigate business problems related to store operations, build data solutions, uncover insights, and explain them to drive better business decisions. You will be confident in communicating with all levels of business partners.As a senior data scientist, you will…
We’d Love To Hear From People With
- Lead the design and development of scalable data science solutions from the start to the finish by utilizing time series modeling, machine learning, and statistical analysis. Build scalable processes for cleaning, aggregating, and loading data.
- Understanding business initiatives, challenges, questions, concerns, or ideas, transforming them into successful data science solutions, and monitor data science metrics and KPIs
- Mentor data analysts & data scientists on best practices, processes, frameworks, and KPIs
- Contribute to project planning, and assist the team with estimations, timelines, and prioritization. Assists in developing the analytical roadmap, data, and technology strategy.
- Education: BS+ with a concentration in a quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, Quantitative Social Science or similar discipline. Masters preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in data and analytics work
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to influence leadership teams at different levels
- Significant experience working with predictive and statistical modeling, machine learning, and strong expertise in all phases of the modeling pipeline
- Business experience with data visualization tools and storytelling
- Experience in experimental design and common statistical analysis techniques
- Strong SQL, databases, and ETL / ELT skills required including cleaning and managing data.
- Advanced competency and expertise in Python, R, or some combination
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark and Data bricks, and languages such as Java, PySpark, or Scala
- Experience working with Dev Ops and/or ML Ops, preferred.
- Retail and eCommerce experience, preferred
The pay range for this position may be narrower than that displayed, depending on where the work is performed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.