With more than ten years as a leader in the veterinary services industry, Vetsource® provides innovative pharmacy, technology, and business services to the pet health industry and strives to be the most trusted advocate in a rapidly evolving world. With Mars Petcare, one of the world’s largest pet care providers, as its lead investor, Vetsource operates with an experienced and passionate management team to help drive the industry forward. Vetsource's solutions include prescription management, data and insights, and client engagement.
Love pets? Want to make an impact while being a part of a growing organization? Join the Vetsource Business Intelligence Team! In five years, Vetsource has grown by more than 50% and we’re not done yet! Join our team of bright and energetic people who want to help develop and deliver innovative pharmacy, technology, and business services to the pet health industry.
We welcome all applicants who qualify. While skills and experience matter, we love a good fit too!
Did you know…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend only to apply when they check every box. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still reach out. We'd love to learn more about you!
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Vetsource Data Analyst is responsible for providing other teams at Vetsource internal analytics and plays a key role in helping the organization understand itself. Your focus as a Data Analyst will be in helping the rest of the business to interpret data, measure performance and make Vetsource a more data driven organization. Excellence in this position requires a drive to be as helpful as possible towards your teammates in other parts of the organization, a willingness to understand their needs and rigorous thinking to build sustainable solutions to address them.
- Dig deep with business partners in order to understand their needs and gather requirements
- Synthesize and visualize data clearly while retaining context necessary for decision making
- Develop well thought-out metrics to measure business goals
- Build robust automated reporting and processes to minimize repetitive work
- Build ML models to clean and augment data
- Identify and explore useful data sources to then integrate them into our data warehouse
- Model disparate data sources into a common data layer
- Evaluate analysts’ models and other output for completeness and relevance
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in business intelligence, analytics, statistics or similar
- Proficient in any variety of SQL
- BA in engineering, economics, math or similar qualification
- Experience building dashboards with Tableau, PowerBI, Looker or similar
- Experience with Agile, Kanban, Scrum or similar
- Proficient with Python or R
- Familiarity with DBT or other data modeling software
- Background in operations, finance, marketing, sales, veterinary medicine or other business areas is a plus.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Vetsource employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done, and Enjoy the work! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and the practical application of these principles.
At Vetsource, we know that we do our best work when we have an inclusive and diverse team, where we can draw on our different life experiences to help us deliver innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate the differences that make us each unique just as much as we are driven by the things we have in common, and we work to create a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming environment in which all people can thrive.
Vetsource Total Rewards:
Competitive pay and benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance
A dog-friendly work environment
Paid parental leave
Flexible scheduling, including remote work where possible
Professional development opportunities
#LI-Remote | #LI-JG1
Vetsource is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and an inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status