ow will I help?T
he Credit Risk Centre of Excellence is responsible for credit approval, portfolio management, credit policy along with relevant controls and process, systems and data across all Westpac’s credit portfolios. It is a 2nd line independent control function responsible for overseeing Westpac’s credit risk lifecycle (origination, evaluation, approval, monitoring and problem loan management) including compliance with the Credit Risk Management Framework and Credit-related prudential standards.A
n opportunity has become available for a data analyst to join the Credit team to significantly contribute to a regulatory remediation project within the portfolio.
- esponsible for the identification of all critical data elements associated with our Credit risk prudential standards including documenting various workflows, business glossaries etc.W
- orking with key data specialist stakeholders to ensure data lineage of CDE’s are complete.W
- orking with key credit stakeholder to embed data quality practices in our prudential standard regulatory reporting returns to correctly identify and remediate data.S
- upport / execute the development, delivery and implementation of key data deliverables in relation to prudential standards.R
- epresent the business as a subject matter expert and be key conduit back to the business and project to enable decision making within the project.U
- nderstanding internal Westpac credit processes, policies and frameworksC
- ontributing to overall project success proactively identifying any risks, issues and constraints during deliveryA
- ttend project meetings including Project Working Group and provide required inputs (as applicable)B
- uild and maintain collaborative relationships within Credit Risk, Data Management teams and the wider project management network.E
- ffectively manage the governance change frameworksE
- ngage, inform, influence and negotiate with stakeholders, particularly key business and credit stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met within risk framework.
hat’s in it for me?Y
ou will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
hat do I need?D
- emonstratable experience in data management including knowledge of data management practices, business and technology issues related to the management of data assets and data governance practices.C
- urrent or previous credit, financial markets and or APRA regulatory knowledge would be highly desirable.E
- xperience with facilitating workshops and assimilating information into tangible project deliverablesA
- bility to work to tight timeframes, prioritise and manage time across multiple activities.A
- bility to accept responsibility and excel in a high achievement orientated environment with a strong focus on being a change facilitator.A
- bility to build successful business relationships.S
- trong presentation and communication skillsS
- trong organisational and time management skillsS
- elf-Starter with an ability to work without high levels of supervision and an ability to work in a collaborative / team environment.C
- andidates with previous credit, policy or regulatory experience would be highly regarded.
hat is it like to work in Westpac?A
s well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth, and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
ow do I Apply?S
tart here. Just click on the APPLY button.A
s part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.T
he health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We’ve developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they’re working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.