Data Analyst (Operations)
Why Work at Fortress?
Fortress Information Security is one of the largest providers of supply chain risk management and cybersecurity/vulnerability risk management in the United States. The Fortress team consists of security experts who are recognized leaders on industry best practices and processes. Fortress is headquartered in Orlando, FL.
Fortress was recognized as one of Orlando’s 2019 Best Places to Work. Our organization was also recently published in Forbes magazine, among several other publications and recognized for our efforts in securing the U.S. power grid.
The Data Analyst (Operations) will be responsible for developing and maintaining Looker reports. The ideal candidate will understand BI analytics, reporting, and cloud data warehousing. The candidate will be required to analyze, design, and implement looker reports to align with our business needs.
- Create and maintain Excel-based SQL and other business analytic reports
- Work with operations and client teams to define dashboards and reports
- Work independently or as a member of a team environment
- Anticipate, recognize, report, and help resolve issues
- Expertise with Excel and Excel-based queries
- Expertise in building data models and complex SQL queries
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience with PowerBI and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Must have ability to explain technical concepts and make decisions with non-technical team members.
- Clean and intuitive coding practices
- Ability to lead your own projects and operate with a high degree of autonomy in a remote working environment
- Persist through difficult problems and independently discover solutions
- Know when it is most efficient to ask for help and be willing to do so
- Self-motivated, resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Jira
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Analytics or equivalent degree from an accredited University
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Highly competitive pay structure
- Medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- HIGHLY PROGRESSIVE accommodations for dependents and family plans
- 401(k) 3% Match up to 50% of employee contributions for all employees with no limitations on start date
- 3-weeks annual PTO
- Paid holidays
- Tuition and certification reimbursement opportunities
- We promote from within and provide great employee succession planning
- Great Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities offered for certifications and tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Programs
- Company Sponsored Events
- Casual dress daily
Fortress is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.