Corporate Overview Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands
. We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
Our industry leading segmentation and AI-driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster.
They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
Our campaign-results-driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.Job Category
As a key member of the Strategic Marketing & Analytics team, you will be responsible for data-driven insights that enable QuinStreet's Marketing and Media teams to maximize profitability while developing client side relationships. You will gather, organize, and aggregate complex sets of data in order to produce meaningful business insight in areas such as ad network optimization, ad merchandising, client performance, quality monitoring, partner development, product testing, and more. You will also communicate your insights and findings to various members of our Client, Media, Analytics, and Executive teams.Responsibilities
- Work closely with media and client managers to understand business opportunities for media, client and market growth.
- Actively mine data to develop actionable insights from our proprietary datasets using various statistical techniques.
- Evaluate strategies and forecast their expected impact to the key performance indicators.
- Support analysis and monitoring of business metrics and trends.
- Key liaison between business and technical teams in managing day to day data analytics.
- Lead a team of four analysts, setting longer-term goals and ensuring short-term operational efficiency.
- Develop tools to help improve client side business functions to help better empower the client side account managers.
- Monitor business critical metrics and improve visibility across internal and external alerts.
- Record of high academic achievement with a BS degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Math/Science, or otherwise proven background in business/analytics. MS preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in data analytics/science.
- Strong understanding of statistical methods used in to elicit insights from data.
- Strong analytical mindset with a drive toward actionable insights from data.
- Deep interest in online marketing and media industry. Industry experience a plus.
- High internal motivation with ability to understand the full stack of product development.
- Willingness to initiate and own research, exploration, and analysis from start to finish for any business problem.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to remain focused-yet-flexible in a fast-paced internet company environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau and SQL.
- Familiarity with Python (preferred) or R programming to the level necessary to perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Experience managing a small team.
The expected salary range for this position is $150,000 USD to $180,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices. The salary may be adjusted based on applicant's geographic location. The position is also eligible to receive performance bonus or commission and equity in the form of restricted stock units. This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s standard employee benefits programs, which currently include health care benefits; (2) retirement benefits; (3) the amount of paid days off (paid sick leave, parental leave, paid time off, or vacation benefits); (4) any other tax-reportable benefits.
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.
Please see QuinStreet’s Employee Privacy Notice here.