Thread is a growing team of software and machine learning engineers, robotics specialists, aviation experts, and business professionals building the software that industries are adopting for integrating robotics workflows into enterprise systems. We use robotics, advanced computer vision techniques, neural networks, and emerging technologies to autonomously capture, package, transport, integrate and deliver data to customers to improve their infrastructure, operations, and management.
About The Position
Thread is looking for a Machine Learning/Computer Vision Engineer to aid in the design of novel machine learning and computer vision algorithms for automated inspection of infrastructure. The software and machine learning models you develop will be used to provide swift analytics of data collected by our autonomous drone flight routines. As part of the machine learning research team, you will be involved with architecting, prototyping, engineering, and deploying models and systems that our customers will interact with every day.
As a part of the Thread Team, your time will be spent working within the ML team as well as in cross-cutting teams to complete critical projects and develop solutions to advance the goals of the company and its customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Aid in the development of our machine learning pipeline including model development, requirements gathering, testing, quality assurance, deployment, and support.
- Convert business requirements and constraints into technically viable machine learning models and algorithms.
- Stay up to date with current machine learning and computer vision research.
- Design computer vision models for use with remote sensing imagery.
- Diagram and document model architectures and hyperparameters.
- Aid in streamlining and updating our data annotation processes.
- Support other engineers at Thread.
- Work within a team of other engineers, business analysts, and researchers.
- Refine and grow the Thread brand resources.
Responsibilities described above are the general level of work but not a complete list of all assignments, duties, and obligations required of job incumbents. You may be asked asked to complete other duties and assignments as they arise.
Essential Requirements And Skills
- Experience in Python and UNIX shell commands.
- Experience managing and operating Linux systems .
- Experience with the OpenCV library.
- Experience in the PyTorch, Tensorflow and/or Darknet frameworks.
- Experience in models used for object detection (e.g., YOLO, Faster-RCNN, RetinaNet, EfficientDet, DETR, etc) and image segmentation (e.g. Mask R-CNN, FastFCN, DeepLabv3, SAM, etc)
Optional Requirements And Skills
- Experience in C/C++ or Go.
- Experience in natural language processing.
- Experience in database systems (relational or non-relational).
- Experience with anomaly detection methods.
- Experience working with remote sensing data and imagery.
- Experience in robot operating system (ROS).
Benefits include unlimited leave per the terms outlined in our policy (sick and vacation) in addition to health, dental, vision, life, short-and long-term disability insurance options, and 401(k).