At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, ON and is an 8 month work term commencing in May 2022. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
The partnerships team on Cloud Pak for Data (CP4D) integrates a variety of database and AI products onto IBM’s Cloud Pak platform. Our team works with strategic technologies such as Cloudera and Palantir. We operate in a continuous-delivery, forward-moving model of development so concepts like CI/CD and automated & integrated testing are foundational.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to continually grow your skills in Data Science, QA and automation focusing on the integration of a widely used Data Science platform into IBM Cloud Pak for Data.
Your tasks will include:
Building and managing cloud and VM environments.
Setting up a test environment using Ansible scripts, JDBC and network connections, test databases and datasets
Integrating and validating data science use cases and integration into popular IBM products such as Watson Knowledge Catalog, Spark, Big SQL and data streams
Validating accuracy of data models generated with combined partner and CP4D solution
Looking for opportunities to automate testing to ensure positive regression testing release to release
You will build a solid understanding of the Cloud Pak for Data product and become a key owner of integration and functionality of strategic partner products in the platform.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Software development experience with experience in a Data science, QA or Automation Engineer role
- Experience with setting up cloud and VM environments
- Ability to set up a test environment from scratch and discovering how things work together
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across squads in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eligible to work 8 months starting in May 2022.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with software container technology – Kubernetes, Docker, Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with Dev Ops tools such as Ansible and Jenkins
- Experience with Big Data and Analytics software
- Familiarity and understanding of AI, ML and Data Science models a plus
- Experience with automation scripts or Selenium a plus
- Registration in a formal co-op/internship program is preferred
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job DetailsCountry/Region:CAState:ONTARIOCity:MarkhamCategory:OtherRequired Education:High School Diploma/GEDPosition Type:InternEmployment Type:Full-TimeContract Type:InternshipCompany:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada LimiteeReq ID:465589BRTravel Required:No Travel