Canberra Consulting focuses on delivering highly skilled and qualified professionals to our clients. Canberra Consulting has the experience and the capability to understand your specific requirements and match them to the right environment, ensuring professional satisfaction and ongoing development opportunities. Our focus is ensuring that both you and our client are a good match and that we give you every opportunity to succeed.The Opportunity
The Data Engineers will be responsible for unlocking the value of data by managing, transforming and operationalising data for use by business areas. This includes the development and sustainment of data pipelines utilising Enterprise Data Platforms. They will also manage end-to end data management processes, using appropriate tools and techniques that conform to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations. Working in a diverse team environment, this will involve sharing outcomes and experience with others to support development and growth.Required Skills
- Designs, implements, and maintains data engineering solutions in SQL and Python.
- Build tooling and techniques which are well tested, documented and provides consistency.
in data engineering approaches.
- Ability to fuse data sources using various data pre-processing techniques such as
transformation, integration, normalisation, and feature extraction to create useful data.
- Ability to carry out data quality checking and remediation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical documentation and track work in collaboration.
tools such as Confluence and JIRA.Desirable Skills And Experience
All candidates applying for this position must be an Australian Citizen and have a current NV1 clearance, with the ability and desire to move to a TSSPV Clearance. Other clearances checks may also form part of the onboarding for these opportunities.
- Platform engineering such as containerisation.
- Integrating and building APIs.
- Experience in data storage platforms such as or online analytic processing (OLAP) relational databases (RDBMS) Hadoop, document stores or graph databases.
- Experience in implementing data flows in tools such as Apache NiFi.
Does this sound like a perfect role for you? Interested in hearing more? Give our Recruitment Consultant, Alister Pardew a call on 0478176 553 or an email at Alister.firstname.lastname@example.org, for a confidential discussion.