We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you’ll do:
Within the Industry Cloud Architecture team in BTP Foundation Engineering specifically looks after the BTP Readiness for new Business Models and supports strategic projects like CATENA-X. The major topics are sovereign and decentralized data infrastructure and identities. We want to build an inter-company foundation that enables SAP and its customers to trustfully collaborate and share, to gain deep insights and help to improve products, protect the environment and be more efficient. Technology-wise this shall be based on industry-specific standards and initiatives (e. g. Gaia-X, IDTA), and incorporate technology trends such as AI, Self-Sovereign Identities, Semantic Web etc. In your role as (Senior) Developer and Data Scientist (f/m/d) you:
Ideate, prototype, evaluate and help productize as member of a cross-company development team applications and infrastructure in the context of Digital Twins on relationships and linked data in the context of cross company data federation
- Data modelling, data storage (cassandra/mongodb/hana) in distributed/decentralized environments (data spaces)
- Research and evaluate new technologies and frameworks in the context of the business application domain
- Tool and infrastructure development according to the evolving requirements of the agile consortium
- Concept development for next generation Graph based data storage and data access in distributed environments (data spaces)
- Research and evaluate new technologies and frameworks in the context company networks and data sharing
What you bring:
Readiness to work in a virtual team which consist of various internal and external stakeholders, esp. Product Owner
- A startup-like open mind set to take up end to end responsibilities of tasks beyond development
- Experiences in working in agile software development processes (Scrum) and experience with DevSecOps and Open Source development
- Creative thinking, willingness and ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Excellent team player, with strong communication skills, passionate about his/her work, self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) in English and German, interpersonal and cultural skills
- Role specific for Developers:
- Strong development skills (Java) with focus on distributed/federated data
- A degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning, economics or a related field
- Experience with Graph related data formats like RDF and query languages (SPARQL and GraphQL) would be a plus
- Role specific for Data Scientists:
- Experience with ontologies (OWL and TrOWL)
- Experience with SPARQL (in particular Apache Jena Fuseki), SHACL, GraphQL and alike
- Strong development skills (Java) in context of FOSS and corresponding development pipelines
Meet your team:
Catena-X (“SAP Industry Network for Automotive”) is the state-supported initiative to create an industrial, cloud-based network where all partners and stakeholders along the Automotive value chain can collaborate with each other. Main objective is to securely connect and share data, assets and applications in order to run relevant use cases covering their business requirements across the Automotive value chain. The initiative is a major contributor of the Germany-wide Industry Digitalization Initiative (Industry 4.0) and shall establish an Europe-centric technical cloud infrastructure incl. related services & applications.
The major topics are Sovereign and decentralized Cloud Infrastructure, Federated Data Networks using industry-specific standards (like InternationaDataSpaces.org), Data Security, Digital Identity as well as AI embedded Semantic Web and human-machine collaboration in real-time. The data exchange is technically implemented using the Eclipse Dataspace Connector and Digital Twins based on the Asset Administration Shell (AAS) standard. For this, we are establishing a Digital Twin service, running on BTP and serving as a foundational reuse for Catena-X Use Case teams as front-runner implementations – utilizing distributed data and knowledge graph technologies.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
Requisition ID: 344695 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Part Time or Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Walldorf, Dresden, Munich #LI-Hybrid