The Data Analyst will support a variety of data-related institutional initiatives. Working directly with the AVP for Institutional Effectiveness, and faculty and staff as requested, the incumbent will help achieve University goals and objectives by coordinating institutional outcomes assessment and regular data collection, analysis, and reporting activities, and identify and accomplish a research program appropriate to University priorities. The incumbent will also coordinate administrative and clerical activities, which support institutional research, assessment, program review, strategic planning and accreditation processes.
Assist the AVP of Institutional Effectiveness in coordinating and implementing comprehensive institutional research, assessment, program review, strategic planning and accreditation activities;
- Coordinate data collection for multiple IPEDS reports, the WASC annual report, and other reports required by federal, state and external agencies.
- Utilize and maintain the institutional assessment management software, WEAVE, for data entry, program review, assessment, reporting, and institutional planning. Provide training and support for WEAVE users across campus with site navigation, extraction of data, and general inquires, as well as backend modifications to the site itself through the vendor liaison.
- Assist the AVP in the formation, maintenance, and reporting of institutional and college specific surveys using the survey platform Qualtrics. Provide training and support for Qualtrics users across campus with survey design, implementation, and results.
- Data analysis and reporting for surveys conducted by various university stakeholders. As well as, collaborate across programs to ensure survey standards, measures, and quality are being maintained.
- Conduct end-to-end research in response to internal and external project request by means of synthesizing and analyzing primary and secondary sources, making adjustments and recommendations where necessary.
- Develop reports and documents containing actionable recommendations for department use and beyond.
- Maintain and update the department website. Enhance department website to include information in a data-driven and visually appealing platform.
- Provide support for meetings or projects regarding institutional assessment, program review, accreditation and strategic planning (e.g. preparing agenda’s, scheduling, transcribe/distribute minutes, supplying any potential resources or materials needed).
- Perform general office duties including answering departmental queries from outside departments, receiving and delivering correspondence, dissemination of materials, archiving documents, maintain an office inventory of supplies, as well as the preparation of standard office forms as related to travel and purchasing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline
- Minimum of two years experiences in data analysis, preferably in a college or university setting.
- Excellent command of English (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Preference will be given to Candidates with:
- Experience working in institutional research and/or institutional assessment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and data analytic skills
- Experience in data visualization
- Strong general computer/database skills, including experience working with database query tools, designing and manipulating spreadsheets
- strong analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail under time-sensitive conditions
- Proven ability to attend to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact openly, effectively, and professionally as a member of a team and to work collaboratively and collegially with department faculty and staff and other campus personnel
- Strong sense of initiative, dedication and responsibility and willingness to take professional pride and ownership in the position