Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then we might have the right position for you.
About The Department
Global IT India was established in February 2010 as an integral part of Global IT in HQ. From the beginning in 2010, the unit has grown to 500+ employees till date. The main role of Global IT India is to 'manage' IT, which includes System Management, Project Management, Infrastructure Management, Compliance Management, Security Management, Process Management and Vendor Management.
Commercial IT department is an integral part of the Global IT Organization within GBS India and is responsible for delivering projects and managing systems for Sales, Marketing, Medical & Market Access teams. In Global IT, we drive projects, manage critical IT systems, services and infrastructure used along the entire value chain of Novo Nordisk.
If you are our new data engineer you will join our International Operations Data Engineering team which is responsible for building our data lake components, maintaining our big data pipelines and services. Here, you will work directly with the business stakeholders, project and platform teams to enable growth and support our field and back office users in International Operations & Commercial Strategy & Corporate Affairs (CSCA).
As a data engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience building highly reliable services on managing and orchestrating a multi-petabyte scale data lake. You will have to work in a fast-paced environment, and you are responsible to take vague requirements and transform them into solid solutions. Also, you will work on solving challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code and test cases.
On a typical day you will help our stakeholder teams ingest data faster into our data lake, you’ll find ways to make our data pipelines more efficient, or even come up ideas to help instigate self-serve data engineering within the setup. Then you will move on to building micro-services, architecting, designing, and enabling self-serve capabilities at scale.
The role is performed out of India, supporting customers primarily within the Region International Operations & Commercial Strategy & Corporate Affairs (CSCA).
You are an ideal candidate if you meet following requisites.
- You hold bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, mathematics or related field
- You have 8+ year of experience in Data and Analytics
- You have led, overseen end-to-end implementation of data pipelines on cloud-based data platforms
- You have a Github or Kaggle profile showcasing your various projects.
- You have an understanding of Hadoop Framework including MapReduce concepts and parallel processing
- Strong programming skills (some combination of Python, Java, and Scala preferred)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- You have project/Internship experience writing SQL, structuring data, and data storage practices
- You have an idea in building data pipelines and micro services. Project/Internship experience here is a plus.
- Project/Internship experience of working with Spark, Hive, Airflow and other streaming technologies to process incredible volumes of streaming data
- Project/Internship experience working on Amazon Web Services (in particular, using EMR, Kinesis, RDS, S3, SQS, Lambda, Glue, Databricks, Redshift, Athena and the like)
- Support use of data engineering toolsets (e.g. Python (especially PySpark), SQL, Notebooks)
- It will be added advantage if you have project/Internship experience in following
- You have created and maintained optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You have been involved assembling large, complex unstructured data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- You have ability to identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- You can build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, Spark and AWS services available.
- You have built processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You are experienced in supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You have exposure to and understanding of GxP concepts.
- Communicate and collaborate with the key stakeholders including follow-up on data loads and transformations
- Participate in (and in some cases drive) activities related to implementation and enhancements
- Contribution to maturation of production processes related to data lake and user tools
You are an open mind to try solutions that may seem crazy at first. A willingness to accept failure, learn and try again. You have strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
As an individual you are strong at integrity. You are confident, calm and composed. Also, you are a self-managed person with a positive outlook, strong personal drive and leadership skills. As well as you hold excellent writing, verbal, presentation, communication and consensus building skills. You have high cultural sensitivity and ability to work across cultures. Above all you have passion for excellence with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and decision making.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.