The WebstaurantStore is a leading e-commerce company that exists to meet the purchasing needs of the food service professional worldwide. WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates company, is looking for an analytical candidate to join our growing company as a Data Analyst on our Risk & Payments Team within the Order Optimization Department. This role focuses on designing and implementing reports to provide analysis of various aspects of the Risk & Payments Team and is a key part of growing our business.
We are looking for a data-driven and insightful individual who can take initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and collaborate with the Risk & Payments Team and other departments to strengthen our payment processes and fraud prevention tactics.
As a Data Analyst you will:
- Become familiar with the core functions of the Risk & Payments Teams
- Design useful and actionable reports
- Enhance current reporting or processes
- Analyze simple and complex scenarios, interpreting the findings that come from their datasets, and providing recommendations that drive action
- Analyze opportunities for growth and improve inefficiencies
- Collaborate with and support the team to innovate, encouraging experimentation and growth
- Train the team in data skills including data collection, reporting trends and data analysis
- Correspond between Stakeholders and Business Intelligence Team
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Compute Science and/or experience in Data Analysis preferred
- Data Visualization experience using BI software (Power BI, Data Studio etc.) preferred
- Basic knowledge of SQL preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required, proficiency with other statistical software a plus
- Demonstrate an innovative and creative approach to problem finding and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Take ownership of decisions and leverage data to back up those decisions
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Willing to keep an open mind, embrace the unknown, and have the grit to push through obstacles on the way to progress
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
Initiative: Data Analysts are expected to take it upon themselves to find ways to add value to the team and business. They are capable of developing valuable projects, setting goals, and continually search out opportunities for improvement.
Teamwork skills: The ideal candidate must have the ability to give and receive encouragement and constructive criticism, communicate effectively, and work cooperatively with team members to achieve common goals.
Critical thinking skills: The e-commerce landscape can change rapidly and without warning, and the strategies that worked yesterday might not work today. Because of that, we seek a curious individual who loves to dive in, experiment, and develop innovative solutions to new challenges.
Desire to grow: The ideal candidate must want to be the best at their job and never be content with “good enough”. They set lofty goals and constantly seek to improve themselves and expand their professional knowledge and skill set.
Deep analytical ability: Data Analysts must be able to perform rigorous analyses of large datasets, identifying the most important metrics, understanding their relationships to each other, and determining the significance of each, in order to support reliable analytics projects that produce actionable insights.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, work from home opportunities, and a 401k with company match.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Risk and Payments Data Analyst position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.