McKesson Global Procurement and Sourcing is seeking a Data Analyst to support the Northstar Business Intelligence and cost management function in the development, implementation and ongoing management of cost management and product management processes.
The key elements of this role are.
- Responsible for the development, analysis and modeling of operational, economic, management, accounting and other organizational data.
- Provides recommendation solutions to new and complex problems
- Develops innovative strategies to quantify the competitive performance of the enterprise operations and/or markets, evaluates the potential impact of changes and reports on economic forecasts that affect the industry and the enterprise.
- Assess qualitative and quantitive data from various internal and external sources into actionable management information
Experience with or knowledge of the generic industry landscape is important. The role is based at McKesson’s company offices in Cork, Ireland or London, UK and reports to the Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager.
Key Responsibilities -
- Partner with global analytics teams to develop tools that enhance product and customer insights
- Partner with internal customers to understand their data requirements and deliver value added solutions
- Drive competitive market analysis and develop actionable insights
- tools as needed
- Support requirements gathering and documentation of technical processes/workflows and the IT roadmap
- Monitor daily automated jobs as needed
- Responsible for regular loading of public data sources into SQL database
- Develop and maintain data standards, always managing the data libraries and dictionaries, documenting your findings, and sharing them both within and outside the data team
- Run and automate reports built in SQL and assist in the design and formatting of reporting
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Influence leaders and their teams in a matrix environment
Minimum Requirements -
- Minimum of 3+ years work experience in a similar role in a multinational environment.
- Strong data modelling and programming skills
- Proven track record of data extraction and manipulation with SQL
- Proven track record of building dashboards in Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Master knowledge of M.S. Excel and data modelling
Critical Skills -
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to assess and distill data from various sources into actionable insights
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong collaborator and ability to concurrently manage multiple stakeholders
- Confidence in interacting with varying levels of management
- Advanced communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- Results and achievement-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit; not afraid to take risks
- Courage to make changes that will improve the organization and ability to change organizational culture
Additional Knowledge & Skills -
- Experience in or knowledge of the generic pharmaceutical industry highly desired
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Preferred: Master’s degree or Business or related field
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position