To provide data domain aligned support to IMG, FFS, and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. To serve as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data clients for investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. To provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
To provide data domain aligned support to IMG, FFS, and other enterprise data clients and collaborators to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. To serve as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data clients for investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. To provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
Vanguard is an investment company unlike any other. It was founded by Jack Bogle in the US in 1975 on a simple but revolutionary idea: that an investment company should manage its funds solely in the interests of its clients. Jack helped bring investing to the masses with the index fund. Index funds do not pick individual shares or bonds to beat the market. They supervise the performance of the entire market. Or as Jack put it, Don't look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!”. We have stood for low-cost, uncomplicated investing ever since. Over the last 45 years people have come round to our way of thinking and more than 30 million investors worldwide now trust us with their money.
As an Investment Data Analyst, you will;-
- Provide data domain aligned support to IMG, FFS and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. Serves as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data consumers for investment data related inquires and partners with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. Completes daily and ad hoc tasks while working under tight deadlines, managing competing priorities, and analyzing multiple inputs to meet operational objectives.
- Oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely data delivery. Analyzes and resolves sophisticated data issues supporting Data Management as a process expert per assigned data domain.
- Identify and lead process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality. Recognizes and resolves roadblocks to improve team impact. Reviews and performs root cause analysis of data errors and provides short-term and long-term solutions for issues, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Provide direct client support to enhance business decisions, anticipating client's needs and going above and beyond related to the services being provided. Leverages and strengthens FFS and IMG-wide network to accelerate issue resolution and to improve quality. Partners with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices
- Develop a strong and consistent knowledge of funds and securities assigned and obtains an end-to-end knowledge of the operational processes being supported. Understands details driving the operational processes and the portfolio impacts. Maintains a broad and consistent knowledge of investment management landscape.
- Participate in new product implementations and other improvement projects by capturing, documenting, and validating business requirements, ensuring systems are properly set up for launch. Communicates appropriately with all vital clients and stakeholders.
- Recommend changes that will enhance workflows and procedures. Integrates new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing impact, preparing environment for change, and updating or creating procedures.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field) preferred.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, research, problem solving, and time management skills required. Proficiency in Data Management procedures and solid understanding of data domain workflows preferred.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal direction.
- Strong, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Sophisticated knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Solid understanding of Python and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and empower other crew members
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- This position is hybrid and would require you to work in the office location Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Vanguard’s continued dedication to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.