CGI is seeking Data Analysts to join our team!
Seeking those interested in using their SQL skills to support internal and external customers with ad hoc query support. This technical part of the role is balanced by a customer service aspect, as you will be working with clients to make sure the data you're providing meets their business needs.
As is typical on a small project, this person would also perform other duties including application testing, requirements gathering for change requests, and administrative tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Query a proprietary database using SQL to fill ad hoc data needs. This may include iterative steps of working with the client to understand those needs, creating queries, getting feedback, and refining those queries.
- Learn the client's application and eventually become a subject matter expert on the application and how it meets business needs.
- Perform functional and regression testing on new builds.
- Track defects and test the fixes when delivered.
- Gather requirements from clients and create or review change requests.
- Document new features for release notes and user documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience testing applications
- History of providing outstanding customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
SQL queries - 3 years
Application testing - 1 year
Requirements gathering - 1 year
Business writing - 3 years
Microsoft Excel - 1 year
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Patience and persistence
- Flexibility with respect to job role
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $56K-$110K*
- Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals members to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
Build your career with us.
- Competitive base salaries
- Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
- Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
- Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
- Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.