Sr. Data Analyst, Technology – Data & Analytics
The Data & Analytics organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with strong organizational and analytical skills for the position of Senior Data Analyst. This role will be responsible for working with data subject experts to research questions about data sources, connections to other sources, lineage and ownership for projects within the newly created Target State Migrations team.
You will be a part of the Data & Analytics organization, whose strategic goal is to create a world-class Data & Analytics company by building, embedding, and maturing a data-driven culture across Thomson Reuters.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Sr. Data Analyst, you will:
- Perform data requirement capture and analysis as needed for the projects.
- Map the data journey from operational system sources through any transformations in transit to its delivery into enterprise repositories (Warehouse, Data Lake, Master Data, etc.)
- Deliver detailed analysis of multiple data sources and collaborate with Data Modelers and Data Engineers.
- Innovate with new approaches to metadata elicitation, documentation, and usability by business stakeholders
- Facilitate implementation of metadata tagging, lineage/provenance practices and data quality measurement.
- Effectively communicate and liaise with other data management teams embedded across the organization and data consumers in data science and business analytics teams.
- Analyze existing data pipelines and document them as required.
You’re a fit for the role of Sr. Data Analyst if your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, Computer Science or related technical degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with databases, data warehouses or Data and Analytics or technology operations.
- Knowledgeable about Data modelling 3NF & Dimensional, including conceptual, logical and physical.
- Proficient in SQL; experience in Analyzing data pipelines, including data models and data processing
- Hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages.
- Beginner Knowledge of AWS, Snowflake, Python, and broad understanding of technologies used to build and operate data and analytic systems.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, presentation, documentation, troubleshooting and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct business requirement gathering and analysis.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.