As a Data Scientist at Meta, you will shape the future of people-facing and business-facing products we build in Ads. The role will focus on driving improvements to the Ads Monetization system by connecting the system performance and health to the product goals.By applying your technical skills, analytical mindset, and product intuition to one of the richest data sets in the world, you will help define the experiences we build for billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses around the world. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and others. You will use data and analysis to identify and solve product development’s biggest challenges. You will influence product strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, and collaborate with other teams. By joining Meta, you will become part of a world-class analytics community dedicated to skill development and career growth in analytics and beyond.About the roleProduct leadership: You will use data to understand the product and business ecosystem, quantify new opportunities, identify upcoming challenges, and shape product development to bring value to people, businesses, and Meta. You will help develop strategy and support leadership in prioritizing what to build and setting goals for execution. Analytics: You will guide product teams using data and insights. You will focus on developing hypotheses and employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, different methodologies, frameworks, and technical approaches to test them.Communication and influence: You won’t simply present data, but tell data-driven stories. You will convince and influence leaders using clear insights and recommendations. You will build credibility through structure and clarity, and be a trusted strategic partner.
- Drive informed decisions for monetization backend systems by making technical domain data accessible, leveraging statistical and analytical expertise.
- Lead analytics projects end-to-end in partnership with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Influence product direction through clear and compelling presentations to leadership.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products that serve billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses.
- Identify and measure success of product efforts through goal setting, forecasting, and monitoring of key product metrics to understand trends.
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve the product, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.
- Contribute towards advancing the Data Science discipline at Meta, including but not limited to driving data best practices (e.g. analysis, goaling, experimentation), improving analytical processes, scaling knowledge and tools, and mentoring other data scientists.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.