Title: Big Data Engineer @ Alpharetta, GA:
Terms of Hire: Full time.
Salary: $ Open / YR + BenefitsJob Description::
Seeking talented database engineers who will innovate and engineer solutions in the area of database technology. We need individuals who are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to solving real-world data problems. The Digital Innovation area is actively engaged in the ongoing Systems Modernization process, partnering with development groups, and providing deep subject matter expertise input as stakeholders to design reviews, and as an advocate for bringing forward and resolving customer issues.Candidates must have::
Experience with other Data Persistence platforms::
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases including PL/SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or SqlServer
- Experience developing and supporting complex mission-critical production database systems
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability, and scalability
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl)
- Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
- Proven track record of automating tasks
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
- - On-call for production databases - daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer and dev support
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills
- RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL), Distributed SQL Engines (Cassandra, Foundation DB, Cockroach DB), NoSQL (Mongo DB), Hadoop, Data and Software Migration off/to RDBMS, AWS DBs (RDS, DynamoDB, EMR, Redshift, Aurora, etc.), Data Information Lifecycle Management, Data Security, Big Data....
- Working with one or more streaming platforms, such as Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm, or AWS Kinesis
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
- Exposure to cloud environments and architectures
- experienced in various Clustering and Sharing architectures
- Experience in Kubernetes will be a plus
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related field
- Typically, Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 8 or more years, and/or a high school diploma with 10 or more years professional experience in full life cycle design and development to include IT architecture, banking industry experience, and understanding client requirements
You Will Enjoy:
- An opportunity to be a part of a great culture, an awesome team, a challenging work environment, and some fun along the way!
- Apply today to learn more and be part of our Growth story.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential and once shortlisted, our team will be in touch with you for further discussions.