As a Barclays Data Scientist, your role is to support tuning and filter testing processes and the Financial Crime operation by providing support for the technological services used by the team and ensure development and delivery of high quality data forensics. This will involve both directly performing analytical and development work, as well as working with the Barclays internal technical teams and stakeholders to ensure continued delivery in line with the Financial Crime Screening Strategy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Producing meaningful data forensics to support the delivery of tuning and/or filter testing
- Creating, building and maintaining analytical tools through programming to generate insight, recognize trends / patterns
- Developing and delivering programming initiatives that increase automation and enhance testing
- Experimenting and identifying with various analytical methods / techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Responding to ad-hoc requests and communicate the results of any analysis and trends
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills to support Sanctions (Financial Crime Operations) and work with a diverse range of colleagues across multiple sites
- Extensive experience in communicating the output of your work to Senior Stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to explain sophisticated solutions to a non-technical audience
- Able to apply problem solving and continuous improvement
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Bachelor’s Degree or track record in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related scientific disciplines
- Proficient in data manipulation of large datasets through the use of analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, SQL, VBA, Python, R) and a willingness to learn new languages
- Proven presentation and communication skills
- Excellent and extensive experience in delivering technical solutions in a fast paced and high pressure environment
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
#LI-Remote and #LI-Hybrid