Are you passionate about data engineering and do you want to be a part of data driven growth at the world’s largest jewellery brand?
Build high quality data and BI products on our Azure Paas data platform
At Pandora we are growing our Data & Analytics footprint. As our new senior data engineer you will collaborate with product owners, architects and other key profiles across the global organisation helping business verticals and clusters maximising the value of our data and drive business change as an impact of this.
You will be responsible for delivering value-add products, ensuring high success rates as well as be an ambassador that data quality is always a priority. Your primary focus will be designing, building and implementing scalable data products on our global data platform and to secure ownership and stability of the products.
Further to this you will:
- Work closely with product owners to build and deliver features designed to support PANDORA to drive commercial business cases and efficiencies within reporting and analytics and other data driven use cases
- Obtain relevant business and system knowledge to convert requirements efficiently to technical design documentation and conceptual data modelling
- Design and deliver user stories on PANDORAs data platform according to global release plan
- Lead other often external engineers in your team to secure high quality and timely deliveries and as well secure that all engineers in the team grow with the assignments. Be able to switch between hands-on development and leading others.
- Own your data products and track continuous stability and benefits
- Live and breathe “build-once-consume-many” culture in which we enable others to use our data products for maximum value-add
- Work with stakeholders and teams to assist with data-related technical challenges
- Participate in key projects as technical expert
- Follow best practice and existing guidelines but also push the limits
Additionally, you will be a crusader for best practice data management and modelling, you thrive in a fast paced environment and you get motivated by challenges as a true problem solver.
We are on a journey from IaaS based Microsoft/QV solutions to Azure PaaS with use of well-known tools and solutions like ADF, Data lake, Synapse, Analysis Services and DataBricks.
We will assess and select other tech tools as relevant to ensure the right balance between innovation, efficiency and application maintenance. Our front-end team builds beautiful visualizations and end-user products utilizing PowerBI and SharePoint as the main tool box as well as mobile enabled solutions.
Team player passionate about data and engineering
Others would say that you are a real team player, product oriented and have good stakeholder management skills. You are structured and analytical, always aiming to achieve great results. Furthermore, you are a confident communicator, and have the ability to explain your solution design and tailor the message according to the audience.
You most likely have a relevant education within Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, and preferably have worked with an Agile development process. We also imagine that you have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a data and/or BI engineer
- Designed, built and delivered enterprise level datawarehouse solutions or relevant analytical products
- Technical expertise with conceptual & dimensional modelling, integrations & ETL, datawarehouse designs, tabular cubes and self-service solutions
- Proven experience with MSBI Azure PaaS/SaaS such as ADF, Data Lake, Synapse, T/U-SQL, DataBricks, MDS, DAX, PowerBI and SQL Server but also of relevance is SSIS, SSRS and SSAS/MDX
- Experience from a relevant and data rich company, retail experience is an advantage
- Highly proficient in English and able to communicate with all levels
Your new team
You will be an essential part of the data engineering organization and Pandora’s extended Data & Analytics community. You will work within the data product engineering team in a virtual and agile based organization.
As we are a growing team, you will have the chance to influence our culture and working tools and work together with other data engineers, front-end engineers, architects, scrum masters, product owners and much more from Europe, India and Thailand.Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:Zara Mc BrienRecruiter, Global HR+4531468574
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.About Pandora
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.