Join us and be part of a fast-paced team working together to fight serious and organised crime across the UK. If you like a challenge and enjoy a varied workday, you’ll feel at home here.
At the NCA we put our people first, providing opportunities for you to grow and succeed as individuals and working together as part of a team. Love learning? Great, we’re looking for self-starters who we can support through our professional communities and training to further your knowledge and development.
We’re growing and evolving, and we need people like you to help us achieve our ambition of putting data exploitation at the heart of our fight against serious and organised crime.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete an SC Enhanced clearance before commencing the role with the ability to obtain a DV clearance within the first 12 months in post.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
ResponsibilitiesWhat will I be doing?
- Technical Leadership: Manage and support the workload of other technical staff. Provide technical expertise and knowledge to coach, mentor and develop junior members of the team and help scope
solutions and pursue new ways of working with data and tools.
- Team-working: Work in a multi-functional team to develop complex data analytical products and data science solutions to operational problems across the NCA.
- Data Management: Gather data from a variety of sources and manage large datasets in accordance with best practice.
- Software Analysis: Apply appropriate analytical methods and software tooling to datasets and articulate the strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
- Data Manipulation: Manipulate large datasets to solve analytical challenges and provide support to intelligence-led enforcement activity.
- Solution Management: Develop scientifically robust and innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Data Handling: Develop and implement processes for direct data capture and analysis.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data and analytical products, whilst ensuring confidentiality and sensitivity in line with NCA policy and enterprise governance standards.
- Collaboration: Contribute to the sharing and dissemination of knowledge and findings across the broader analytical and NCA community as appropriate.
- Communication: Build working relationships with colleagues across the NCA’s technical community to develop skills and cross-functional working.