Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Application Innovation Center in Baton Rouge has immediate opportunities for Technical Business Analysts/Business Data Analyst. The Business Data Analyst translates client requirements into technical requirements and recommends a total IT solution. This role documents and analyzes requirements from a business perspective; defines current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client and the IT Architects to ensure proper translation of business requirements and to perform data analysis for IT solution requirements. IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. Business Analysts/Business Data Analyst may also deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, reporting, data analysis, dashboards, and application design and management to our clients.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time post-covid. Although we are currently allowing remote work, this is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to LOUISIANA within 30 days of the office permanently reopening. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a permanent work from home position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years relevant experience to include experience or knowledge in the following:
- Experience working as a Business/Reporting and Data Analyst
- Experience with translating business requirements into user stories for testing
- Experience writing User Stories and Epics for custom Software development in an Agile environment
- Experience with Data Quality Management activities related to Data and Metadata
- Experience with creating Data Flow diagrams
- Experience with Data Definitions, Data Quality and Metrics
- Experience with Excel and Microsoft suite (Word, Powerpoint)
- IT programs development or design experience or equivalent
- Professional software development work in an Agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Able to fluently speak and write in the English language
- Experience leading teams of 3 or more
- Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver
- Experience gathering, documenting, and communicating user requirements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in the data analysis and description of business processes across the services provided by the organization; as well as operations IT or reporting.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry with business data analysis.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.