Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2020. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
To implement enterprise Power BI reporting solutions, the Tessenderlo Group global ICT department, located in Brussels, is looking for a Senior Microsoft Azure Data Engineer & Architect. In this role you:
- Identify, elicit and document project requirements in the business and translate these into technical specifications for Power BI applications and reports.
- Participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of ETL/ELT solutions, using Azure Data-Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL services.
- Orchestrate data using Azure Data Factory by creating Azure Data Pipelines and Data Flows. Develop and maintain Azure Data Lake folders using best practice architecture. Create an Azure data lake house to facilitate enterprise Power BI reporting architecture.
- Design, develop, test and implement Azure Data Factory enterprise integration, migration and dataflow solutions.
- Develop and maintain SQL tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, and triggers created for Power BI reporting, using T-SQL. Plan and/or develop data ETL and ELT procedures using Azure Synapse to orchestrate data and deliver tables required for Power BI Reporting.
- Work closely with other ICT colleagues and business stakeholders to design Azure SQL database and Azure Data Lake storage solutions that effectively meet security guidelines.
- Take the lead in the technical architecture and governance of the new business intelligence & data analytics platform
- Maintain an understanding of Business Intelligence technology, external regulation and industry best practices through ongoing education and reading specialist media.
You report to the Global BI Teamlead.