Webstaurant Store, the world’s largest online restaurant supply company, is looking for a full-time Applied Data Scientist to join the Analytics team. The Applied Data Scientists are responsible for supplying statistical rigor to the team’s analytics projects, aimed at discovering actionable insights and opportunities for growth and optimization for the organization.
This role can be remote (See below for remote work requirements) or based in one of our offices (Lititz, PA or Tampa, FL).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on analysis and modeling techniques, selecting the best fit for structured & unstructured, complex data, and developing custom analytics models to generate insights that drive value for our customers and unlock competitive advantage for our organization
- Collaborating with our analytics engineers to gather the right information from our various sources so that you can implement advanced statistical methodologies and design interventions to optimize how our business can best perform
- Conducting exploratory analysis including hypothesis testing, statistical inference, and statistical analysis (predictive and/or prescriptive)
- Partnering with business and technical stakeholders to translate challenging retail business problems into state-of-the-art data science solutions
- Developing processes and tools that monitor, analyze and continuously improve model performance and data accuracy
- Defend the validity of predictive/ML models to those with little background in data science or statistics.
- Actively research new tools and technologies, staying on top of analytics news and best practices.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- You Communicate Effectively: Ability to explain ideas simply and confidently to team members both written and verbally.
- You have an Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes it upon themselves to find ways to add value to the team and business. They are self-motivated and creative in their quest to find actionable insights and new solutions. They can often be found saying “What if we tried this?” or “Maybe this is a better way to do it?” They have a knack for overcoming obstacles.
- You Desire to Grow: Constantly seek to improve themselves and expand their professional knowledge and skill set.
- You’re an inquisitive, out-of-the box thinker who’s continually on the lookout for opportunities to improve and innovate data science solutions
- You have consistently high standards, your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
- You have proven ability as a full stack data scientist who develops, optimizes, and scales models for the production environment
- You connect the how and why, using your knowledge of data science theories and methodologies to derive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Ecommerce and Analytics.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with Google Cloud / AWS tools.
- Advanced Python and SQL skills.
- You have a proven ability with statistical methods and advanced modelling techniques, especially with forecasting and recommendation engines.
What’s in it for you:
Remote Work Qualifications
- Fully remote opportunity
- Competitive pay + opportunity for annual bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, gym membership reimbursement, 401k with company match.
- Opportunity to grow skills as you work alongside experienced data analysts.
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.