Enterprise Business Solutions
HITT Contracting is currently seeking a motivated, creative Data Scientist with interest and experience developing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions that support evidence-based business decisions. Our digital transformation journey is rapidly accelerating, and we are looking for an intellectually curious, self-starter who will help us create and manage business intelligence and analytics solutions that turn our data into knowledge. Using Microsoft Power BI and other supporting analytics tools this team member will develop data-driven reporting that measures outcomes, metrics, business performance, and trends analysis for process improvements and risk management applications.
The Data Scientist role will support our digital transformation as a key member of our data analytics task force whose immediate mission is the development of a new data analytics and business intelligence platform focused on data mining, predictive modeling, and advanced statistical analysis. This will be combined with the automation and visualization of key performance indicators to better enable our operations and maximize enterprise efficiency.
The ideal candidate will support the enhancement of existing dashboards and develop new reporting capabilities utilizing next generation busines intelligence and visualization tools. Responsible for analyzing complex business problems using data to provide insight to decision makers and participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues. Provide actionable insight into preconstruction, financial performance, schedules, safety, human capital, and other operational data to predict or optimize business outcomes. Assist with formulating strategies around building business intelligence to improve decision making. Prepare reporting and data visualizations including interpretation of trends and patterns.
- The Enterprise Business Solutions team owns data science and business intelligence solutions at HITT Contracting.
- Data Scientists on this team have end to end range and capabilities working directly with business owners to understand how data is used to drive business outcomes.
- Defining architecture, design and implementation of next generation BI solutions and data-intensive technology solutions.
- Design modeling frameworks to dive deep into raw sources of information to get the most out of our data.
- Collecting, cleaning, and munging of data to determine the value of the data and extract that value for discovery and decision support.
- Handling the extract, transform, and load (ETL) for multi-domain data with strengths in solution design, data modeling and ETL development from concept to implementation.
- Collaborating with our enterprise business solutions, technology infrastructure, cyber security, and operations teams to create production implementations for high quality business insights and large-scale data analysis.
- Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business.
- Build automated tools which will allow results to be shared with the entire business at scale.
- Intellectually curious self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, data science, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, operational research, quantitative social sciences, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience or advanced degree preferred.
- Direct experience or advanced coursework in research analytics and/or predictive modeling demonstrating strong mass data mining and statistical expertise.
- Passion for extracting hidden insights and building machine learning systems that enhance business outcomes.
- Effective skills to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach positive outcomes.
- Team player with effective skills building relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact.
- Great communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively explain complex analytical concepts and methods to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative thinker with the ability to function in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of software development principles and architecture, and familiarity with programming for data analysis (e.g. Python, SQL, R).
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, IBM DB2, etc.).
- Experience with clustered data processing tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, or equivalent).
- Experience in statistical software to manage large data sets (e.g. SPSS Modeler, RStudio, State, SAS, or equivalent).
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, D3.js, or equivalent).
- Experience in using statistical methods to solve business problems (e.g. linear and logistic regression, neural networks, decision trees, experimental design, time-series and forecasting, K-means clustering association rules, RFM, survival analysis).
- Experience with applying AI and ML to complex problems, including initial design through hands-on application.
- Familiarity with AI, ML, and DL toolkits (e.g. NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Panda, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Gensim, Vowpal Wabbit, or equivalent).
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.