As an Applied Scientist in the Purchase Risk Management team, you engage in experimenting and contributing to building our AI-based risk management system.
The Purchase Risk Management team is working on the real world highly impactful problem of securing purchasing transactions of Zalando customers by analyzing and mitigating risks during checkout, order processing and return experiences.
With a team of talented applied scientists, data engineers and software developers you secure transactions of our customers by enabling better decision-making through the use of best-in-class statistical and machine learning methodologies.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, implement, and lead focused and scalable ML/DL experiments tackling the challenging problem of transactional risks mitigation in online fashion
- Build and continuously improve cutting-edge models through researching and delivering better features
- Encourage creative approaches to problems and drive innovation balancing short term goals with long term impact
- Communicate your research findings to the scientific community and collaborate with your teammates to turn them into production
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other similar quantitative field with industry experience in Machine Learning / Data Science / DL and solid understanding of best practices in feature extraction, model validation, and classification
- Solid experience with Python, Scala (Java), SQL, and big data frameworks like Spark. Solid understanding of cloud-based solutions, preferably AWS.
- Ability to communicate results clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Digital Experience, you will work with many autonomous teams that live up to the standards of applied science, software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence. Along with our guiding set of principles we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.