About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.About the Data Scientist Position
Within the analytics department, the Data Scientist will be responsible for vetting, creating, testing and maintaining models to server various business needs.
The Data Scientist will work closely with stakeholders, internal and external, to deliver advanced analytics and algorithms. The Data Scientist will also work a Data Engineer to ensure data are properly stored and cleaned.Avalon Healthcare Solutions is based in Tampa, Florida. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Data Scientist - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Data Scientist - Qualifications
- Work with team to translate business needs and objectives into analyses
- Design and build algorithms and prototypes with team members
- Identify analytical approaches using statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Work with team to interpret trends, patterns and outcomes
- Build data systems and pipelines to generate reliable and repeatable processes to onboard data
- Design and build analyses, software components and modules for production deployment
- Collaborate with team members to conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Collaborate with team members on several projects at once
- Employ strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Integrate model outputs with visualization
- Develop analytical tools and programs
Data Scientist - Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, or relevant experience
- Minimum of 2+ years in role as a Data Scientist
- Strong, hands-on experience with tools such as Python, R, Stata, SPSS, or SAS to run statistical and machine learning analyses
- Strong knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, algorithms, and expected outcomes for descriptive, diagnostic, and predictive analytics
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analysis interpretation skills
- Desire to learn new software and methods
- Familiar with cloud service offerings such as Azure, AWS
- Good working knowledge of Jupyter notebooks
- Healthcare experience pharmacy, managed care, health plans, hospitals, pharmaceutical
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in big data applications and processes
- Experience in data presentation and visualization
- Experience building Python software components and production pipelines