We’ve only just begun, but what a beginning. In a once in a generation moment, we’ve brought together powerful brands to create one united force. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. The latest technology and brave thinking let us connect our people and communities. You could play a role in that. A big one. We invite you to bring your boldness and stand out. You are empowered. Opportunities are plenty for those ready to accept the challenge.This opportunity
This role is responsible for providing end-to-end delivery of data platforms solutions, from concept to operations, including design, build, test, implementation and operations. This requires responsibility for the full lifecycle of initiatives, in accordance with TPG Telecom’s strategic business objectives, and operating model.Responsibilities
We are a dynamic business; this brings new opportunities for our customers and our people. Being adaptable, managing change and maintaining resilience is key to success for all of us at TPG. Due to the dynamic nature of the business your responsibilities may change over time as the business evolves.
Knowledge And Experience
- Support the on-going design, build & operation of TPG Telecom Data Platforms.
- DevOps role to support the data ingestion and processing capability requirements of several teams and squads.
- Depending on the delivery approach, operate under either an Agile or Waterfall methodology.
- Where appropriate, evolve processes and governance to support delivery and the TPG Telecom operating model.
- Develop technical solutions to address business needs and operations targets, whilst creating and maintaining consistency and compliance with the corresponding architecture, security, and development standards and guidelines.
- Drive and participate in planning workshops and provide project estimates to the planning lead.
- Conducting cross domain planning, design, development and implementation analysis and workshops.
- Prepare high level or functional designs, detailed designs, develop code, testing and implementation artefacts, ensuring all prepared in accordance with standards and guidelines. Develop corresponding documents as part of the delivery, governance, performance, life cycle, and capacity management process.
- Design and implementation of reusable building blocks and patterns.
- Collaborate with project managers and architects with scoping of projects, ensuring that they are scoped in accordance with architectural objectives and principles.
- Participate and contribute to the Data & Cloud guild design & architecture forums.
- Identify and promote areas of improvement in technology, processes and tooling.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that all technical issues are understood, raised and resolved.
- Financial analysis of various solutions to determine optimal solution
- Providing appropriate support to delivery or operational functional teams and squads.
- Develop and document implementation plans for each release and ensure they can co-exist with other changes in the release window.
- Code management and version control using Git/Stash
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including IT & Customer Technology Teams, and business stakeholders.
- 3rd party and vendor management as required.
- Manage production incidents and problems to resolution and close, including analysis, design, fix and implement.
- Provide Level 3 support for the Managed Service Provider as needed.
- Manage Operational planning and delivery, and/or support operations teams and managed service provider as required.
- Ensure that operational documents and code (Ops Guide, micro design, interface docs, code etc.) are delivered and stored in a central repository as appropriate.
- Manage incidents/defects raised by operational teams and provide resolution or recommendation when necessary.
Benefits And Perks
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field, and/or 3+ years relevant experience.
- Data engineering experience, particularly in a large scale, complex data & analytics function.
- Certification or working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall principles and methodologies or experience with DevOps & CI/CD.
- Experience with Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, AWS Cloud, Analytics, Reporting and/or Machine Learning
- Desirable expertise includes data solutions & ETL/ELT pipelines
- Desirable experience includes MS SQL Server BI Stack, Linux/Unix Scripting (Bsh, Ksh), Powershell, S3, Airflow, Glue, Qlik, Business Objects, Data Modelling (Kimball, Data Vault)
- Understanding of business applications, interfaces and integrated operational environments
- Good understanding of Data Platforms, Data models and Reporting (including Dashboards)
- Commercial focus, proven ability to drive strategy and value while managing Total Cost of Ownership in a cost constrained environment
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Customer & Outcome Focus
- Leading and developing self and others
- Innovation and creativity
- Integrity and values
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to C Level audience
- Drive and passion to succeed in a challenging business and company environment.
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Structured thinking and problem solving
Bolder and better together!
- Flexible hybrid way of working (from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Don’t meet every single requirement? We're ok with that. Studies have shown that women and those of underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for roles unless they meet every single criteria. At TPG Telecom we recognise that what may make you different, makes the difference!
We’re all about enabling every individual to be their authentic selves and creating a place where everybody belongs. If you are excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to APPLY NOW regardless. You may just be the right candidate for this or perhaps another similar role with us.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Managers kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. TPG Telecom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. IND2