We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join the bustling hive of growth and innovation that is our Data Tribe.
We’re the Tribe that thinks outside the box as we put our minds to collecting, storing and analysing mountains of real-time data – all to help us design, build and support our next generation data platform. Keeping our business lean and agile, we provide the insight, data science and CRM expertise our product teams need to make the right data-driven decisions.
What you will do….
- Deliver first-class software solutions, which are secure, appropriately tested, perform well, and help provide an engaging customer experience
- Play a proactive part in owning your team’s services; taking responsibility for support, monitoring, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required
- Continuously evaluate team’s processes and procedures to maintain a positive and efficient engineering culture
- Directly contribute to the design and code of the data pipelines operating on secure, production data
- Contribute to the end-to-end design and implementation of common components that improve our ability to write efficient and reliable data pipelines
- Create and maintain quality technical documentation for any software you have developed, ensuring maintainability, readability and testability
- Conduct code reviews, pair programming and knowledge sharing sessions, embracing feedback at every step
What experience you will need
- Demonstrable experience of working with and designing a platform, implementing best practices around data processing on an industrial scale
- Strong software development skills (particularly in Scala) in an object oriented and/or functional design, coding, and testing patterns, documenting in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of data modelling principles, including data lakes and warehousing tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience with ingesting and processing streamed data (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, PubSub etc.) and data flow orchestration (Data Flow, Apache NiFi, Airflow, Luigi etc.)
- Strong understanding of the SDLC of data products, relevant CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, TeamCity) and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
We are using virtual hiring and remote on-boarding to help our candidates and hiring managers stay safe. Face to face interactions will move over to video for this vacancy.
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Amazing benefits package featuring things like Pension, Healthcare, Dental, Cycle to Work, Gym Membership and loads more
- Tech Ninja Fund – Annual personal learning & development budget for each and every employee!
- A list of local discounts as long as your arm!
- Great holiday package
- Amazing office featuring everything from pool tables, football tables and breakout areas.
- We hire you for you, and celebrate individuality
- We’ve created the kind of workplace that not only retains talent, but wins awards for it too - including a place on the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list 5 years in a row.
- We're the 6th Best Place to Work 2019 on Glassdoor
- Mental health & Wellbeing programmes
- Diversity and Inclusion and a company commitment to D&I
We’re building and promoting a culture where difference is valued & everyone can be the best version of themselves.
Mon to Fri – Standard