Senior Actuarial Data Analyst
Career Level 2/3
Singapore , Singapore
We are seeking an experienced actuarial resource (part qualified, or recently qualified) to head our regional Data Team (covering the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific region).
Located in Singapore and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role has two key components:
- working closely with the Business Lead and IT Team to support the company’s regional data warehouse projects, taking responsibility for user acceptance testing and sign-off
- mentoring and managing a team of actuarial data analysts, responsible for setting up the company’s systems to process and consume bordereaux data provided by clients and for providing extracts, reports and business insights to down-stream users.
In this function, you will:
- take responsibility for data quality in the region and for the robust processing of data
- provide actuarial and business input to the IT Team during requirement-gathering exercises
- use actuarial and systems knowledge to assess proposed IT solutions
- plan, support and take responsibility for the User Acceptance Testing of system changes
- manage the day-to-day activities of the Data Team
- support other members of the Data Team in expanding their actuarial and insurance knowledge
- liaise with local offices throughout the region, as and when necessary
- support the change management function in relation to data systems and processes
- work with other members of the Data Team to analyse the available data and to develop dashboards and reports, communicating relevant insights to senior management.
To perform this function, you should be a part-qualified / recently qualified actuary:
- with 5 to 10 years of experience in life insurance / reinsurance
- with a thorough understanding of life insurance principles and products in the region
- with experience in managing a team
- with technical computing skills (including database knowledge)
- with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English.
The following additional characteristics would be advantageous:
- reinsurance experience
- proficiency in SQL
- exposure to working on IT projects.
Find out Who we are, What we do, Our Strategy and How we can Support & Reward you.
Our business model is based on the combination of primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof. We take on risks worldwide of every type and complexity, and our experience, financial strength, efficiency and first-class service make us the first choice for all matters relating to risk. Our client relationships are built on trust and cooperation. If you would be interested in helping shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
Apply now! Apply for this Job!
At Munich Re, we embrace, and value, the interaction of diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and thought. This interaction is our foundation. Of our open culture and spirit of partnership. Of how our teams are built and cultivated. Of how we are supported and developed. And at the centre of this interaction is each of us.