Our client a leading Renewable & Energy Company are seeking an Asset Analysis Engineer / Data Scientist for a minimum 6-month contract role based in Glasgow city centre.
Job Purpose Statement
The Technical Services (part of Global team) department is responsible for providing engineering technical support and analytical services to the Renewables Business Units (ESP, US, UK and INT).
The position for Performance Analysis Engineer / Data Scientist is part of the Monitoring and Analysis Group comprised of employees in the US, Spain, and the UK. Team is responsible for developing data analytics and asset monitoring tools as well as providing engineering technical support to the business units and monitoring, and measuring wind farm and wind turbine performance.
This position will primarily support an innovation project but will also support the other department activities to support our global wind portfolio.
The candidate will be based at the Glasgow office within a global team for providing technical support in evaluating/testing and supporting wind turbine health monitoring systems.
The role shall involve the coordination of data integration and testing on a high-profile innovation project (the Project) - the Engineer shall work under the project team mainly focused on 'Wind Turbine Analytical Modelling', 'Wind Turbine Data Integration' and 'System Testing. In each work package working with our project partners.
In the first work package the Project are building analytical modelling to monitor wind turbine assets through data driven techniques.
In the second work package the Project are integrating all the necessary data streams required for both monitoring on-the-edge and centrally through a cloud eco-system
Finally, in the last work package the systems will be tested thoroughly to demonstrate to the European Commission the delivery of the objectives to at least technology readiness level 7.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in data science (preferably with Python & 'R')
- Further experience in data driven model testing is desired as the role shall involve preparing test specifications and completing tests with project partners.
- Knowledge of building and implementing data models.
- Experience in integration of data systems - ranging from real time SCADA, databases (relational and non-relational) and REST API's.
- Experience with cloud architectures.
- Experience in the wind industry is preferable.
Planning & Organising
- High level of planning and organisation skills
- Identify a range of technical issues on operating assets
- At short notice, act upon and deliver ad-hoc analysis when required
- Ability to manage and delegate work instructions to colleagues and contractors