The Enterprise Data Office is looking for a Principal Data Engineer with a winning track record in building high performing data and analytical solutions that transform, integrate and meet various data demands from business.
In this role, you will be responsible for translating business objectives and requirements into functional solutions and are a leader who can mentor other data engineers along with hands on experience using AWS components, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. You will be responsible for building data products which involves architecture, design and support data integration projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing cloud-based Data Lake architecture and solutions.
- Conducting source system/data analysis and data profiling.
- Building robust data pipelines to collect process and compute different metrics from various financial sources, adhering to quality and development standards.
- Designing application architecture / technical design and articulating the data pipeline solutions to team members.
- Data mapping from source to target and define transformation rules that meet the models created by Data Architects. Collaborating with cross functional team members as necessary and coming up with optimal solutions that meet data demands.
- Executing unit test of data populated in target data container, validating expected result and ensuring quality and accuracy. Coordinating with business users for User Acceptance Testing and with Operations team for code deployment to upper environments.
- Following change management team stipulations on path to production requirements and strictly adhering to the compliance and regulatory needs.
- Leading and/or actively participating in brainstorming sessions to identify areas for process improvements
- Architect / Expert in AWS technologies
- Expert in artificial intelligence and machine learning tools
- Excellent skills in SQL Development
- Python and other scripting language expert
- Ability to work on data visualization and data exploration tools.
Education, Certifications, and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- BS/Engineering in Computer Science or any technology related degree
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
This position is not available in ColoradoWhy Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.