ABOUT THIS JOB
NielsenIQ Analytics Product team develops and drives forward our global product strategy and portfolio. Leveraging NielsenIQ’s unparalleled data and our global platforms, the Analytics Product team creates analytics solutions used by our clients to make their business decisions every day.
In strong collaboration with other product teams (Product Leader, Technology…), our Data Science team has a key role in designing those global products converting business questions or ideas into scalable solutions, using relevant modeling/ML techniques.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Senior Principal Data Scientist to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to sustain NielsenIQ Analytics growth. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders and active learners who are biased toward action, new problem solving.
Note : We are open to evaluate candidates from other locations like Mumbai / Gurgaon / Delhi / Chennai .
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Understand business issues, stakeholder requirement and expectationns
- Perform relevant modeling analysis and POC exploring multiple techniques
- Ensure Analytics model quality
- Document and present findings and recommendations on methodology in a structured way to various stakeholder or partnering teams (Tech, Product leader…).
- Work closely with the Tech team to convert those POC into fully scalable products.
- Active and effective collaboration with other project team members (other Data Scientist, Data Steward, Technology Engineer…)
- Collaboratively manage projects from timeline creation to project completion, managing expectations with leaders and colleagues
- Encourage team building, best practices sharing especially with more junior team members.
- Stay abreast of developments in the area to ensure bringing the most appropriate solutions to our business
A Little Bit About You
You’ve built a decent track record in research and data analytics. And you have the communication chops to translate it all into conversations. While you’ve worked with global cross-functional teams, you can also put your head down and focus on independent projects. Seeing the big picture takes attention to detail. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of technology takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
- Master degree in Data Sciences, mathematics or a closely related field
- 8-11 years of experience as a Data Scientist in the business
- Strong knowledge of statistical modelling, machine learning, predictive analytics and time series forecast.
- Experience in demand forecasting or supply chain forecasting
- Proficiency in Data Science coding languages like Python, PySpark, SQL in a cloud environment like DataBricks
- Experience using collaborative developing tools (git…).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Strong problem solving and excellent communication skills, independent working style
- Experience in an FMCG company is a strong plus
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.