- $81,478 to $101,008 (APS 5 & APS 6) plus 15.4% super
- Design, develop, build and maintain data-focused end to end solutions
- Flexibility to provide work/life balance
About the role
As a Data Engineer, in our Smarter Data Program business area, you’ll support the design, build, testing and maintenance of user-centric solutions to ensure timely access to data.
- Identify customer needs and understand business goals
- Design and develop end to end solutions
- Build, manage and optimise data pipelines
- Provide insights for defining how data can be staged and transformed
- Support the development of application frameworks and system integration
- Perform data curation, data transformation and end to end development
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, web application development, graph platform knowledge and/or cloud based microservices
- Experience analysing, designing, testing and maintaining complex data centric IT systems
- Experience in data configuration, administration, problem diagnosis and resolution
- Works with business partners to exchange information and influences decisions
- Attractive superannuation contributions of 15.4%
- Award-winning and highly professional organisation
- Contemporary workspaces and technology
- Learning and development opportunities
These roles will be offered in Adelaide, Box Hill, Brisbane CBD, Canberra, Dandenong, Hobart, Melbourne CBD, Moonee Ponds, Newcastle, Parramatta, Perth or Sydney CBD.
You must be an Australian citizen to work with the ATO.
People with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to click “Apply”. Don’t forget to mention you applied through LinkedIn on your application.
Find out more information about us on our careers page at www.ato.gov.au/careers