CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech Machine Learning Engineers are responsible for designing and implementing data-driven solutions for our clients, with specific focus on building and deploying scalable machine learning systems in enterprise environments. CapTech employees enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other CapTech analysts, architects, and our clients.
Specific responsibilities for the Machine Learning Engineer position include:
- Strategizing with clients, data scientists, engineers, and other members of cross-functional teams to implement end-to-end machine learning solutions and identify new machine learning approaches to meet business needs (e.g., building pipelines to enable ML models in an enterprise setting).
- Deconstructing client needs into data-driven processes/models and analytical measures.
- Analyzing and transforming large datasets hosted on a variety of enterprise-level data platforms, (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Designing, developing, and deploying advanced analytical solutions leveraging client data (e.g., recommender systems, natural language processing, risk scoring).
- Productionizing ML systems with a focus on optimization and scalability to satisfy clients’ requirements.
- Growing CapTech’s Machine Learning practice through delivering client presentations, writing proposals, attending various business development events, and leading teams of junior data scientists and engineers.
Typical experience for successful candidates includes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience manipulating and analyzing large (multi-billion record) data sets.
- Hands-on experience developing data-driven solutions using Python, Scala, or similar languages.
- Proficiency leveraging SQL, MapReduce/Hive, NoSQL and/or modern data processing frameworks in a production setting.
- Moderate proficiency with data warehousing tools/environments: e.g. Snowflake, Teradata, SQL Server, RDS, Presto.
- Comfort and proficiency in framing data-driven problems from cross-industry business requirements.
- Experience across multiple analytical practices such as: consumer analysis, marketing analysis, financial analysis, website analysis, healthcare analysis and/or social media analysis.
- Hands-on experience implementing production-scale machine learning systems in one or more domains (i.e. personalization, natural language processing, computer vision).
- Knowledge of DevOps and automation best practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical modeling methods.
- Knowledge of model management and model versioning best practices.
Must be located in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, Wisconsin.
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.