This position, under the general direction of both the Supervisor and Manager of Data Governance, to provide support for our internal CRM system. This role will be a part of a centralized team tasked with ongoing management of customer and prospect marketing/sales contacts and other customer and prospect data. The position is designed to not only assist in improving Data Quality and processing of operational reports but will also include performing research and auditing our CRM data from third party websites. This position may assist in ad-hoc analysis and User Acceptance Testing as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fielding and correction of data issues
- Update, track, and deliver inventory reporting on a recurring basis
- Internally audit & correct company CRM data
- Gathers, collates, and reports key Data Governance information to the Data Governance Supervisor
- Development and management of a request queue
- Acquisition data and process management
- Supports User Acceptance Testing for releases
- Creation of data visualizations using platforms such as Excel and Salesforce
- Create and deliver ad-hoc analysis
- Participate in customer research and analysis
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on excel
- Must be able to manage multiple workstreams at the same time
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.