Data Scientist Solihull (hybrid) £40,000 - £50,000 Permanent Robert Walters is pleased to be partnering with BNP Paribas in their search for a Data Scientist. At BNP Paribas Personal Finance are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment. Providing simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions, they work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way. As part of the Risk & Analytics team, you will be evaluating and improving processes and products, collaborating with Analysts and Engineers to transform data into meaningful insights.
What will you be doing?
- Developing, validating and maintaining explainable machine learning models, exploring and adopting new data sources that improve efficacy of models.
- Extracting, cleansing and analysing large and complex datasets, structuring, manipulating and staging to produce optimal decisions.
- Conducting analysis, including gathering data and specifying requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Identifying opportunities where advanced analytics can be solved with data science.
- Selling the vision of advanced analytics and data-based decision making to wider stakeholders. Managing and engaging with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Central Risk, Finance, Marketing and external teams, whilst delivering new lending strategies within the agreed risk appetite.
- Identifying areas of cost reduction, service and process improvements that will results in adding value to the business whilst treating customers fairly.
- Keeping abreast of new developments and regulatory issues and apply commercial acumen to produce actionable recommendations.
What will you need?
- Educated to Degree level or higher in Quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, ML, AI etc).
- Experience designing and building machine learning models.
- Strong coding experience in at least one of the following programming. languages; SAS, SQL or Python.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical background, with a history of presenting findings to senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- A track record of demonstrating a continuous improvement approach to data processes, streamlining any inefficiencies.
- An understanding of the credit lifecycle, credit bureau, financial products or economic conditions.
- An interest and hunger to pursue machine learning.
If you would be interested in speaking about the role or having a general chat about your job search, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please acknowledge, if you do not hear back from myself or my team in 72 hours, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates