Our client is actively searching for a Data Scientist to join their team!
If you are a dynamic individual seeking a new career opportunity, read further!
The division leads the University's efforts in building resources to achieve its mission by taking the responsibility for the cultivation and stewardship of philanthropic support to the University.The responsibilities of this role are:
The ideal candidate will need to have the following qualities and experience:
- Provide customized research and analysis to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects
- Conduct financial or biographical research and compose profiles on individuals, corporations and foundations to identify, qualify, and prioritize prospective donors; independently research, select sources for research and ensures accuracy of reports
- Conduct web-based research of publicly available information and monitor news and publicly-available information from professional publications, press releases and major newspapers on prospects and potential prospects to provide comprehensive reports of personal, financial and relationship based information and for solicitation strategy recommendations
- Work collaboratively with and as a liaison to fundraisers and senior leaders, work to increase the pool of potential leadership gift donors and provides highly customized and strategic information that helps build increase in giving.
- Analyze prospective donor information and succinctly present results as reports, charts, tables, dashboards and other visual aids
- Process ad-hoc requests for research as they are received and ensure all requests are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies and keep abreast of research trends and data management trends in the field of prospect research and management
- Assist in developing best practices in prospect research and management in order to recommend ways to create efficiencies.
- Utilizes and broadens knowledge of prospect research methodologies, sources, and results
All applicants' CV will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- At least Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree
- Proficiency in using Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau or Qlik Sense)
- Knowledge of database, ETL and data API concepts.
- Proficiency in statistical computer languages (R, Python, MATLAB) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience using in one or more of the following techniques/methods: statistical and predictive modelling techniques, clustering and classification techniques, text analytics, and optimization methods.
- Knowledge of a second programming language (e.g. C++, C#/.NET, Java) is highly favourable.