Caterpillar uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, modelling and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems. The Senior Information Scientist provides data management, analysis, and insights within the Cat Digital Aftermarket Sales & Services Deployment team to support aftermarket growth commitments and reporting. The mission of Aftermarket Sales & Services Deployment team is to enable services growth goals by ambitiously transforming the way we serve our customers. The Aftermarket Sales & Services Deployment team provides insights to deliver outstanding customer experience, serve as a source for execution and strategic planning to drive tool and service adoption and Sales to Users (STU) growth. This role will work directly with the DSD, Sales Execution, the Dealers and other business partners across the organization to drive data quality and integrity and adoption of STU to better serve the customer and deliver our services growth targets.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS
- Completion of STU Workshops in region (translations)
- Completion of STU Validations in region (sign offs)
- Completion of dealer governance meetings
- Active participation in STU Issue Management Process
- Lead regional dealer STU validation activities and interact with key business partners to help build confidence in the transition to STU as a primary corporate metric.
- Ensure regional project quality and velocity standards are met, collaborate with peers and project manager to implement risk mitigation plans and process enhancements.
- Provide commercial and technical support to dealers with goal of validating dealership STU data (achieving sign off).
- Maintain strong partnerships with dealers and commercial partners to perform end-to-end STU validation work accurately and efficiently.
- Leverage available tools to expedite validation process and capture project documentation.
- Lead STU issue management process in region (ensure issues are documented, owner assigned, and priority given; support dealers to resolve dealer-owned issues and escalate if necessary).
- Support STU data management team by completing functional requirements documents, performing UAT testing and communicating release schedule dates to business partners.
- Lead STU quality checks associated with region for monthly STU refresh, investigate root cause of data changes and communicate to DSD and vertical business partners.
- Seek understanding, document and communicate internally on dealer requirements, ERP considerations, data quality issues/fixes to ensure project team, vertical and DSD partner teams are aware of project quick wins and risks.
- Partner with dealers’ subject matter experts to accurately capture dealer data business rules for each category of corporate STU metric, ensure dealer validation translation guide is complete, reconciliation is accurate and assist/lead dealer rules encode process.
- Provide comprehensive communication to dealer, partner DSD and vertical commercial teams before, during and after validation. This includes communicating meeting dates/details, ensuring appropriate personnel attend or are provided with meeting summaries, and providing project documentation while managing role-based dealer data security appropriately and in accordance with Caterpillar guidelines.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process improvements to peer regional leads, project lead and technical teams.
- Manage the dealer workshop and sign off schedule in region. This includes matching commitments to resources, balancing workload across project timeline, gaining commitment for project start and completion dates, and escalating project schedule risks to dealer validation project lead.
- Provide feedback and training to dealers on available STU metric tools/dashboards.
- Contribute content for Cat Digital and DSD STU communications relevant to region.
- Support STU governance process by holding annual or semi-annual governance meetings.
- Provide input for post-validation dealer communication requirements and maintenance of dealer-specific data rules.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS:
Incumbents must demonstrate the following competencies and behaviors:
- Required skill: Spanish language capability
- Technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, analytics, finance, market research, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative course work
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient analytic tools user
- Industry knowledge (intermediate level)
- At least basic application and machines understanding
- Intermediate knowledge of customer solutions (parts products, service offerings, solution offerings)
- Experience in sales and marketing areas
- Experience in the markets/ industry he/she would be serving
- Tableau, SQL, and Alteryx experience
- Interpersonal skills and behaviors
- Customer approach
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team player
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously
- Strong accountability
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in analytics positions
- Deep knowledge of aftermarket applications
- Experience with OLGA and/or CDDW Data
- Must have demonstrated experience of translating analysis to insights
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc. - its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations
- Comfortable working with large datasets and leveraging data and insights to make recommendations and influence others
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Must have strong presentation skills.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .