Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
The Data Scientist will perform data analysis, statistical analysis, and develop algorithms and methodologies on structured and unstructured data for on-demand and software-embedded use. Manage key analyses to drive more profitable business decisions. Focus on providing value-added analysis and recommendations to support business growth.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build large and complex information sets; Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and manage and develop analyses and algorithms that generate actionable insights and programs to improve long-term revenue and relevance.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand the underlying needs of the business and formulate, communicate and create buy-in for analytics approaches and solutions.
- Effective communicate and translate business strategy and goals into manageable problems with well-defined measurable objectives and outcomes.
- Transform formulated problems into implementations plans for experiments by developing data sources, applying/creating the appropriate methods, algorithms, and tools, as well as delivering statistically valid and reliable results.
- Ad hoc reporting and analytics to support requests from the Bank's various lines of business.
- Provides input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates and other aspects of assigned projects.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Advanced degrees preferred, but not required.
- Typically requires minimum of 4-5 years work experience.
- Database and analytical experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Independent and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Data Scientist - NC State IAA
LOCATION - Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.