What is the opportunity?
Research Data Scientist on the global research team responsible for providing AI/Data driven solutions to our institutional research analysts and clients
What will you do?
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or data analysis by leveraging alternative data sets.
- Identify potential data sources and enhance data collection procedures to develop unique and proprietary insights for institutional research analysts and clients. (I.e. web scraping, geo location, etc.)
- Collaborate with research analysts, strategic initiatives and IT teams to understand institutional research data needs to provide data modelling, cleansing, and optimization expertise.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends and start-ups / tools that can be leveraged to further the institutional research platform and brand.
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases of unique, alternative, and proprietary insights.
- Provide research support to analyst as required
What do you need to succeed?
- 2-5 years of experience
- Masters or PHD in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience in Machine-Learning, data mining and statistics.
- Strong data profiling, cleaning, and mining.
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing data science technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert technical documentation skills.
- Familiar with a range of data tools.
- Work experience with complex visualization of data.
- Expert working knowledge of Python, R, Java and SQL
- Strong coding abilities.
- Familiar with a Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Expert data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types
- 2+ years of experience with big data technologies – Hadoop (Pig, Hive), noSQL/SQL databases, parallel processing techniques and Apache Spark
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques like D3, R, LaTeX, Qlik
- Contribution to research communities including publishing papers.
- Previous exposure to capital markets
- Good understanding of financial/stock market
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 200 Bay St.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/16/2021
Platform: Capital Markets
Req ID: 340601