- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience working with large data sets
- 3 years of experience with statistical and data mining tools and methods
- 3 years of experience with statistical packages, such as R or SAS
- 3 years of experience working with big data in a Hadoop environment
- 3 years of experience with linear models (linear regression, generalized linear regression, logistic regression) and nonlinear modeling techniques (decision trees, smoothing methods, ensemble methods)
- 3 years of experience providing predictive and prescriptive analytics in a business setting
- 3 years of experience working with SQL or other query languages
- Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field required, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SQL
- Fluency in at least one scripting language
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies for modeling and business analytics
- Knowledge using analysis tools (e.g., R, SAS, Weka)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools
The Data Scientist is responsible for performing data mining, predictive modeling and forecasting to provide actionable insights and strategic direction for business leaders.
The Data Scientist delves into the recesses of large data sets of structured, semistructured and unstructured data to discover hidden knowledge about our business and to develop methods to leverage that knowledge within our line of business.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive statistical or behavioral models from large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Identify methods that allow continuous and automated statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
- Communicate results to clients, team members and business leaders
- Collect data for ad hoc and statistical analysis
- Own the of deployment of applicable models for business projects
- Communicate complex analyses, conclusions and solutions clearly to all audiences
- Work with project managers to develop detailed project timelines
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
The Company has policies to support applicants with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of accommodations that take into account an applicant‘s accessibility needs due to disability. For more information, please call us at (800) 411-JOBS or email us at Job@MyRocketCareer.com.