- Full-time, Continuing position
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
About The Portfolio
Office of the Chief Data & Analytics Officer supports and enables RMIT’s business strategy by leading and driving the data and analytics agenda for the enterprise. This involves being accountable and responsible for:
Developing and implementing RMIT’s data and analytics strategy and ensuring ongoing alignment with university
- Defining requirements and standards for data and analytics technologies to be delivered by Information Technology
- Coordinating and governing data management activities for analytics and reporting
- Developing and coordinating advanced analytics capabilities to resolve key university challenges
About the role
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of Data Acquisition and Ingestion using AWS Stack, ETL tool & Data Virtualization tools.
To Be Successful in this Position, You’ll have
- 5+ years of designing and implementing ETL/ELT solutions
- Build the infrastructure required to support data pipelines across a wide variety of data sources using Python, API calls and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Experience in Infrastructure as code, AWS Cloud Formation, Build, secure and maintain AWS Data Lake in S3
- Understand and implement AWS Data Security and IAM Roles & Policies
- Work with data architects and data engineers to enhance data lake, data warehousing and data analytics capabilities
- A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases and ETL processes
- An in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge and experience of delivering CI/CD and DevOps capabilities in a data environment.
You will design and implement data pipelines with requirements for scalability, availability and quality, as well as instrumental to setting the golden standards and engineering best practices for the data engineering community at RMIT.
In this role you will operate in a delivery squad working with Business Partners, Data Management Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, supporting the team in delivering data driven solutions to a variety of communities across the University.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
Please note, we will be running a rolling recruitment process, so please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
3 Sep 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at
TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.