The Data Analyst plays a key role within the Data Mining Group by examining, interpreting, and visualizing trends within data to provide insights to the business. DMG is a small, highly collaborative team, where analysts have frequent opportunity to be innovative and take ownership of large-scale initiatives that directly influence growth.
The Rawlings Group provides payment integrity services and claims data analysis for health insurance carriers and their members. We work behind the scenes to make sure that members are receiving the full value of their coverage and that providers recover when a claim is paid in error. Providing payment integrity and recovery services to the industry creates a more equitable distribution of healthcare dollars so members can receive the care they need when they need it most.
Our employees are the backbone of our organization. We offer opportunities for growth and development, continuing education, internal mobility and promotions, and unrivaled income earning potential. We are looking for individuals that have the drive and commitment to make a difference in the industry. We invite you to apply to become a part of the Rawlings Group team.
Our Culture is focused on:
- The guiding principle of doing the right thing
- Caring for our employees and taking pride in the work they do
- Providing recognition and financially rewarding employees for their success
Our Values are:
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Service Excellence
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Honoring our Veterans and their service
Maintain, execute, and create SQL queries to support critical business needs
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and manage those processes
- Interpret new trends in data to recommend new solutions to the business
- Create reports and visualizations to effectively communicate analysis and results
- Use strong written and verbal skills to provide findings to varied audiences
- Meet regularly with business to convey results and gather requirements
- Work independently or collaboratively as required by project work
- Research new tools and techniques to improve mining and enrichment processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, computer, data, mathematics, or science related field
- 2 or more years of professional experience
- 2 or more years with relational database languages (SQL is preferred)
- 2 or more years of experience with visualization software (Tableau is a plus)
- Understanding of statistics
- Experience building reports and summarizing data into actionable insights
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in object oriented languages is a plus especially Python
- Ability to relate to and communicate with all levels of the organization
- High attention to detail and data accuracy
- Strong analytical mindset and eagerness to learn a complex business
- Proactive, inquisitive and creative in approach to work
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification.
- The Rawlings Group is an employment at will employer.