It’s our mission to share our passion for music videos with the world and invite people to experience music beyond listening: to see music
XITE is dedicated to building the best music video experience in the world. Based in Amsterdam, XITE now reaches 100 million households across multiple territories through linear networks, interactive TV apps and on-demand streaming services. The company revolutionised the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like and skip through its entire catalogue, enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts and create their own channel based on a genre, decade, style or mood using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has a full music video catalogue through agreements with all major and top independent music labels and distributors, and works to expand this offering every day.
About The Role And The Team
We are looking for a passionate Machine Learning Engineer to join us. As part of the MLE+DE team, will be bringing machine learning / data science based products and services to production, and monitor and improve their performance. You will be working mainly with Python, Kafka, ClickHouse, Docker, Bazel, Kubernetes, GCP, Superset and many other, mostly open source, technologies. To accomplish your tasks, you will be working closely with other MLEs, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, as well as the Data Analytics and Backend Engineering team, other technical teams, and - sometimes - non-technical stakeholders within XITE.
- Design, develop and scale new/existing machine learning pipelines, data products and services.
- Monitor model/data product performance, and act in accordance to findings.
- Work closely with relevant teams and individuals, often be involved in data/ML product development from idea and initial experiments till deployment and monitoring.
- Maintain the technical excellence of data and MLOps practices.
- Work on shared libraries, infrastructure and building blocks within monorepo space.
- At least 3+ years of proven professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or ‘Full stack’ Data Scientist, working with systems and data infrastructure at scale.
- Broad interest and experience within the Machine Learning domain, including model deployment and monitoring.
- Experience with model deployment and maintenance in distributed environments with technologies such as Kafka, ClickHouse, Elastic, Spark/PySpark or similar.
- Experience in building and deploying ML models, using tools such as BentoML, MLFlow, etc.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with data streams processing tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of the main architecture models and concepts like replication, sharding, consistency, horizontal and vertical scaling, quorum, idempotency.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in working with monorepo environments (e.g. Bazel) is a plus.
- Experience specifically in operationalising recommender systems, or working with graph databases are a plus.
Our Tech Stack
- Python (Pandas, NumPy, BentoML, Pydantic, gRPC).
- Kafka, ClickHouse, PostgreSQL, Redis, GCP Buckets, MLFlow, Prometheus.
- Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow, GCP.
- GitHub, CircleCI, Ansible, Superset, Grafana and many other, mostly open source, technologies.
Our hiring process
- Apply: Apply for a role, and we will contact you.
- HR Interview: One of our recruiters will contact you, because we’d really like to find out more about you and to see if there is a culture fit between you and XITE. During this interview you can ask all your questions about the company.
- Interview with the hiring manager: In this interview our Head of Data Science and Personalisation and Machine Learning Engineer want to get to know you a bit better, and in this interview you will dive deeper into the role and your technical experience.
- Interview: The next interview will be with our Director of Engineering.
- Final team interview: During this interview, you will meet the rest of the Data Engineering and Data Science team.
- Reference check: We ask you for 2 references that we can give a call and ask a few questions as a part of our hiring process.
- Offer: Hopefully with our offer, we can welcome you to the team of XITE!
Working at XITE
Here at XITE we make sure you’re taken care of by providing you the opportunity to develop your career in a young, fast growing and international company. We provide a challenging work environment where you have a lot of autonomy, flexible working hours and no day will be the same for sure. We don’t hire assholes! All XITE’ers are different and authentic in their own way, but we all have kindness in common. Like professionalism and a flexible and an optimistic attitude. And let’s not forget; We have a passion for music and good food. That’s why we have chef prepared lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and rooftop parties!
Are you up for this challenge? Apply now!