As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Pull and explore large and complex datasets from different IBM databases.
- Clean data and develop proof-of-concept machine learning models to resolve business question.
- Write modular code and implement machine learning models into production-level solution.
- Assist in setting up the infrastructure and evaluation testing for COPRA models.
- Perform data analysis and help address questions and feedback from users of the pricing models.
- Develop and deploy microservices and containers in production- and prototype-level cloud environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.S. or higher degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or
- Programming in Python (e.g., numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, keras, etc)
- Experience working with a SQL data warehouse
- Experience with building and explaining machine learning models
- Experience with collaborative and agile management tools: GitHub
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand, articulate and/or document technical specifications
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with a relational database: IBM DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server
- Established expertise building production-level software applications
- Experience with distributed frameworks: Apache Spark, Storm, Flink, and/or Kafka
- Experience with containerization environments: Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
Todas as nossas vagas são elegíveis para pessoas com deficiência ou reabilitadas.
About Business UnitThe IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.