Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
About the Opportunity
Data & analytics is central to Vertafore's vision of the future, and data scientists are a critical component of cutting-edge product innovation and research. As a data scientist at Vertafore, you will be responsible for finding signals in complex and industry-unique data sets and developing innovative data science products.
What you’ll do:
In a typical week as a part of the Data Science Organization, you will:
- Identify opportunities for AI and machine learning in new and existing products
- Develop analytical models in several applications: NLP, recommender systems, measurement, customer segmentation, propensity modeling
- You will work with large and messy data sets to solve complex problems using cutting edge data science tools
You will work across internal lines of business to drive real, measurable value by optimizing the decision-making process
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of experience working with data sets and building statistical models in a production setting
- 3+ Experience with NLP and deep learning
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn and execute
- Deep understanding of data visualization best practice
- Experience working with teams in dispersed geographies
- Expertise in SQL or other query languages
- Expertise in Python and tools such as Tensorflow, Keras, SciKit-Learn, Spark
- Deep knowledge of statistics (e.g., regression, causal inference) and AI (e.g., NLP)
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.