AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Want to join an award winning team? We OFFER that.
Ready to make a Worldwide impact? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Senior Master Data Analyst to join our diverse Supply Chain Department team in Earlsfort Terrace. The Master Data Management Department (MDM) is based at the Euro centre in Dublin and is responsible for the update, validation and maintenance of all Master Records of the SAP system.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Master Data and will be responsible for defining the business processes, workflows and tools supporting maintenance and governance of Allergan product master data. This role will work with key users from many functional areas (demand planning, supply planning, commercial, customer service, logistics, finance, cost accounting, etc) to understand requirements at regional level and define regional data workflows and governance processes that make Allergan a world-class and BOLD organization. They will work closely with both business users and IT developers to lead multiple parallel projects. This resource must be highly capable of understanding requirements across functional areas and understanding complex solutions and processes.
The areas of Master Record Responsibility are:
Customers & Pricing: Accounts, Pricing, Rebates, Customer Sales Groups (internal reporting purpose) and data for other customers (such as Intercompany Customers, freight forwarders etc.)
Materials: Material Record, Manufacturing Costs, List Price, VAT rates, Batch Search Strategies, Exclusions and Inter-company pricing for the relevant distribution plants.
This position supports the accurate processing & set up of data relevant to all SAP transactions to process the business requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- So let’s tell you a little more about this role:
Master Data Maintenance 70%
- Define cross functional workflows for data creation and maintenance across the entire product lifecycle from new product introduction through to discontinuation
- Define in line with global master data, data governance processes and procedures
- Define SAP master data requirements associated with new product trade flows across the Allergan network. Support local regional teams as needed to test and implement new product flows.
- Participate in cross functional teams to understand master data requirements, implications, opportunities to improve value proposition of Regional Master Data Team
- Lead data mapping and integration activities related to mergers and acquisitions
- Identify needs for tools, utilities and opportunities for automation and work with IT for solutions
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead initiatives to implement changes
- Trouble shoot transaction issues resulting from improperly maintained material master data and drive corrective and preventive actions
- Support Market Level Commercial Initiatives in EMEA region with all relevant material, customer & pricing set ups and associated tasks.
- Built out infrastructure to support future integrations. Execute integration of newly acquire companies as required.
- Generally, support the business on all request related to materials set ups for IC activity e.g. New Trade Flows set ups, New Business models, ongoing Integration onboarding.
- Managing all aspect of MDM, able to coordinate/execute projects, answer all queries for MDM team members and any other member from different teams.
- Audit management- point of contact for PWC and Deloitte auditors – Managing all reports involved in the SOX controls with the Auditors on site and on line.
- As required, the Senior MDM analyst should be able to act in a supervisory capacity during managers absence and if required, represent the MDM Department at Senior Management Level
- Identify any training gaps for fellow MDM analysts and support the onboarding and design of relevant training plans for all new hires to the department.
Technical Administration 30%
Use existing programs/reports to action and validate mass data updates. This involves:
- Collecting / reporting on data
- Formatting data
- Uploading data
- Validating data/providing feedback
- Generate master data reports/listings for internal MDM validation and internal customers. Involves use of various data browsers, Winshuttle Query or Transaction and other programs approved by Allergan
In order to achieve the above, MDM liaises with all Euro centre functions such as Customer Service, Accounts Receivable, Planning, Quality Assurance and Finance. It also involves close contact with all Allergan Local Market sites (Internal Customers), who deal directly with Allergan customers.
The Local Market sites include all European countries, Africa and Middle East.Qualifications
- Deep understanding of SAP ECC master data and transactional data related to supply chain functional areas (inventory, purchasing, order management, etc)
- Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Material Master data
- Strong Skills in Excel including Macro
- Experience using mass update transactions in SAP such as MM17/Winshuttle
- Ability to adapt to dynamically changing business requirements
- Troubleshooting skills an advantage
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Team player
The ideal candidate will preferably come from a similar database maintenance background at senior level
- 3 years of supply chain experience, operations, manufacturing, or data management experience
- 3 year of Master Data management experience in a global enterprise supply chain environment(s)
- 3 years of experience working with single instance ERP environments
- 3 years of experience working in environment with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or similar regulatory requirements
- Change management skills with both large-scale transformation and small-scale continuous improvement projects
- Data integration experience with large-scale enterprise-wide applications (ex. ERP, Advanced Planning, Product Lifecycle Management, CRM, QMS, Excel etc)
- Experience using Winshuttle to manage SAP queries and mass updates to master data and transactional data is desirable.
- Ability to work on several main projects at the same time
- Ability to train peers and new hires in all aspects of MDM.
- Ability to work on own initiative and act as an SME for all aspects on the MDM role.
- Being able to manage all aspect of MDM, able to coordinate/execute projects, answer all queries for MDM team members and any other member from different teams.
- Being able to represent MDM with senior management as required.
- SAP experience is essential
Full-timeJob Level Code
ICEqual Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.