Do you want to use your abilities in working with data to create a more sustainable world?
Then read along, we might have just the right job for you.
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Modelling & Analytics Module
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Plant Design & Risk Modelling, as part of Modelling & Analytics Module.
Our department is working with designing the best performing renewable energy plants and following up on their expected performance. This means that most of our products works directly with data from our turbines or is based on models describing how our turbines work. The position is in the “MAD Scientists” team, who are mainly focused around designing Vestas' warranty framework, assessing risks associated with business decisions and supporting our business with insights from data.
We are a team of diverse people with different technical competencies and educational backgrounds.
Your main responsibility is to turn data into insights useful for business decisions. Our “MAD Scientists” team already has significant domain knowledge, so we are looking for a team member who can enable us to create new and better solutions in compliance with our standards.
Other responsibilities include:
- Explorative data analysis
- Building models to address problems
- Create good, solid, and well-designed code
- Building dashboards and data products
- Super user of our data architecture and infrastructure
- Choose the right tools for the job
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum a bachelors in a relevant scientific education such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Statistics
- Knowledge of Python and R
- In-depth knowledge of statistics
- Good understanding of machine-learning
- Experience with maintaining an overview in highly complex datasets without losing an eye for the details
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality and competencies:
- Solid communication skills in English (written, verbal and presentation)
- High level of motivation and willingness to test the existing norms while maintaining flow
- Ability to organize work efficiently
- Result oriented and can get things done
- Complete the work in timely manner and meet deadlines
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and treat others with respect
- Encourages collaboration for common vision and shared goals
What we offer
We offer you the chance to work with a product that is key in the green energy transition: the renewable energy power plant. To us this means a great deal - that we feel part of providing a part of the solution to the climate crisis. On top of that Modelling & Analytics is a great place to work! We value flexibility, work-life balance and take pride in standing together and delivering as a team. You will be part of an international environment, with colleagues from all around the World, and with great possibility to grow your career within Vestas, the leader in sustainable energy solutions.
Your work location will be our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
(Flexibility to work from our Copenhagen office also)
Up to 10 travel days per year.
For additional information about the position please contact Esben Haldrup Eriksen at +45-40841634
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 04/06/2022.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.