Steel makes our world a better place.
Steel enables tall buildings being constructed, bridges, cars, trains, sophisticated medical equipment, space craft, etc. It is the building blocks of our society. Look around you; everything you see that was made by man, is either made from steel or steel were used in it’s creation.
NLMK has a presence across Europe with 6 manufacturing plants and is part of the very successful larger NLMK Group with manufacturing presence in 7 countries and selling our products in 70.
We are one of the most efficient steel producers in the world. We invest heavily into Research and Development to create new solutions for a modern world and use in our manufacturing processes Artificial Intelligence, augmented reality and many other technologies to help us to continually improve.
Steel is a perfect circular economy and can be recycled indefinitely. We are developing and driving towards a carbon-neutral steel industry. You can be part of this exciting world and help us shape the future.
Modeling Data Scientist
Based in La Louvière, Belgium
The Modeling Data Scientist will work in project teams, in close collaboration with production, maintenance and technical sales on industrial R&D problems.
Projects cover all areas of steel production from mineral processing to ironmaking, steelmaking, rolling and galvanizing. The composition of project teams is adjusted to project needs and scope.
The Modeling Data Scientist will have opportunity to contribute to a number of different projects on product and process development.
- Contribution to research and development projects aimed at new product development or optimization of production processes
- Development of machine learning models bases on real production data
- Contribution to development of external partner network, both from academia and industry
- Master or PhD in Natural Sciences or Engineering
- Visualization and data processing
- Advanced statistics
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- English: Excellent / French is a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with business insight, collaboration, customer centricity;
- Be at ease navigating through a large and complex, corporate environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- A service-minded ambitious manager with creative mind set
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, within an environment where initiative is appreciated.
- The opportunity to develop yourself.
- A competitive salary and numerous fringe benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.
Interested to discuss this role further?
Back to jobsApply to this job